COMMUNITY SERVICE PROJECT RENOVATING SCHOOL
THE PROJECT BRIEF
To repair two class rooms for a school with old walls, a damaged floor and a leaking roof.
THE NEED OF THE PROJECT
Vietnam is country with a very young population. The government is very dedicated to providing education but there is not enough money to fix the school buildings, which are often in disrepair. Parents try to pitch in, but they are often very poor and can’t afford to help much.
- Helps students feel valued and important.
- Stimulates pride in the students, helping them to study more so they can escape poverty.
- Ease the financial burden on the family
WHY SHOULD WE BUILD
SEE A PREVIOUS GROUP
WHAT TO DO
- Clean walls, windows and floors to prepare them for repair
- Load construction material
- Prepare the material for the master builder to fix the floor
- Help the master builder fix the roof
- Paint the walls and windows
- Day 1: Transportation to the school in the morning and meet the school staff. Help prepare the school for work in the afternoon.
- Day 2: Transport construction material in the morning, work with the master builder in the afternoon.
- Day 3: Work with the master builder to renew the classrooms.
- Day 4: Teach English to students in the morning, build the classroom in the afternoon.
- Day 5: Complete the project. Celebrate in an opening ceremony with the school. Leave for Saigon in the afternoon.