COMMUNITY SERVICE PROJECT HOUSE
THE PROJECT BRIEF
To fix damaged roofs and repair walls to make the house completely rain proof. Create channels to help to avoid future floods.
THE NEED OF THE PROJECT
Helping a local family repair their house is critical, as these families can’t afford to do it themselves. Without our collaboration, they would spend the next few rainy seasons with water pouring through their ceiling. Their ground would be flooded as well. This project provides a wonderful chance to connect with the local community as we will get a real taste of the family ambiance and have the chance to work side by side with locals.
WHAT TO DO
- Disassemble the old house and save the good beams
- Dig holes to make bases for the house, and settle rocks to make it strong
- Erect pillars and assemble beams to the new frame.
- Assist the family members while they build their roof
- Build a low brick wall around the house.
- Tie leaf plates to make wall of the house, and make the doors
- Brick the ground to make it beautiful and flat
- Resettle the kitchen.
- Day 1L Arrive in Mekong and make friends with host family, get settled down.
- Day 2: Disassemble the house, and dig bases to erect pillars.
- Day 3: Connect beams, settle the roof.
- Day 4: Pave the ground, carry more sand and construct walls from leaves; make doors, cement the ground.
- Day 5: Arrange the inside, settle the old furniture and participate in a grand opening. Return to Saigon.