COMMUNITY SERVICE PROJECT BOOK
THE PROJECT BRIEF
Help instill a love of reading by creating a library in a school. Support building a desire to learn in students living in impoverished areas. Invest in the future of a community.
THE NEED OF THE PROJECT
In most of Vietnam, money to invest in books and libraries is scarce. Education is the key to saving a life and escaping from poverty. Many students are forced to leave school early to support their families. Building a library will help:
- Create a wonderful gathering center for students
- Trigger enthusiasm for reading among youth
- Enrich knowledge and help define good life goals
- Nurture the dream to overcome poverty through learning
- Encourage students stick with education
- Help parents to think twice before pushing their children to leave school early.
WHAT TO DO
- Clean a reading corner.
- Repaint walls, windows and door nears ith dynamic colors.
- Fix and build more book shelves.
- Donate and organize books, encourage more book sharing among students.
- Title, classify and arrange books in smart ways.
- Organize the operation system for book borrowing.
- Set the activities and play with students in the library to trigger reading enthusiasm.
- Day 1: Transport from Saigon in the morning, meet the school and prepare spaces for book shelves.
- Day 2: Build bookshelves in the morning, teach English in the afternoon.
- Day 3: Organize a meeting in the library, instruct the use of library and book reading sections. Transfer to Saigon in the afternoon.