COMMUNITY SERVICE PROJECT BUILDING TOILET
THE PROJECT BRIEF
Build a restroom for an elementary school in the province of Ben Tre. Due to the existing condition of damaged and eroded toilettes, 250 elementary school students and teachers do not have access to a clean and hygienic bathroom facility.
THE NEED OF THE PROJECT
This project will:
- Prevent the students and teachers from developing kidney issues
- Provide a better classroom experience for the students and teachers; and
- Demonstrate the importance of environmental protection for the community, such as preserving clean water resources
Additionally, this community service project will provide an opportunity for international student volunteers to connect with the local community, enjoy a real-life living experience in a third-world country, and share their cultural experiences with the local people.
WHY SHOULD WE BUILD
SEE A PREVIOUS GROUP
WHAT TO DO
- Clear and flatten the dirt ground by carrying soil from a canal near the area.
- Dig holes for the toilet system.
- Carry bricks, sands, rocks, and cement from the construction vehicle and help the builders to create the bathroom facility.
- Mix the cement with sand and rocks and transport these to the builders.
- Help the builders with painting the bathroom walls, doors, wooden beams, covering up the roof, and designing the bathroom wall entrance.
- Day 1: Transportation in the morning, meeting the school and help to carry brick and, cements and sand in the afternoon.
- Day 2 – 3: Help the master builder to build the toilet
- Day 4: Teach English to students in the morning. Help to build toilet in the afternoon.
- Day 5: Finish the construction and participate in the opening ceremony at the school. Transportation to Saigon in the afternoon.