COMMUNITY SERVICE PROJECT ROAD
THE PROJECT BRIEF
To build a cement road around 200m long across a poor community that has no resources.
THE NEED OF THE PROJECT
The proposed road goes connect nine families in the community. At the moment, it is impossible for these to afford a paved pathway. They commute via motor bikes, bicycles and by foot, which is very difficult due to the difficult terrain. The situation is worse during the rainy season when the dirt path turns to mud. This project will greatly assist the community, facilitating an easier way to travel.
- Villagers will find it easier and safer to transport rice by bike.
- More services will available to these families, such as home repair
- Children can get to school quicker and safer.
- Villagers can get to the rice farmer faster, saving time for rice field job.
This project will provide a wonderful opportunity for students to connect with the community and get a real taste of the family ambiance as they work side by side with locals.
WHY SHOULD WE BUILD
SEE A PREVIOUS GROUP
WHAT TO DO
- Clear and flatten the dirt pathway by carrying soil from a canal nearby
- Cut steel rod and make a frame for the road
- Transport sand, rock, and cement from our vehicle
- Create wooden forms to contain the cement
- Mix the cement with sand, rock, and pour the wet cement within the wooden forms to create the pathway
- Create barriers to prevent people or animals from walking on the wet cement
- Day 1: Transportation in the morning, meeting the community and help to flatten the road in the afternoon.
- Day 2: Carry brick, cements, sand, rocks and make mortar to build the road
- Day 3 – 4: Continue to build the road.
- Day 5: Finish the construction and participate in the opening ceremony with the community. Transportation to Saigon in the afternoon..